EXAM 1 REVIEW
ASTR天文学代写 What are cyclones and anti-cyclones? (include discussion of how their air circulates in the northern or southern hemispheres
PLANETARY BASICS ASTR天文学代写
- List the two solstices and two equinoxes in the northern hemisphere, and List the two solstices and two equinoxes in the southern hemisphere
2.. On Dec 21, where is the sun directly overhead, Where is it dark 24 hours a day, and where is it bright 24 hours a day?
3.. Explain the system of latitude and longitude in a paragraph as if teaching it to a 9-year old.
- Give the latitude of the following:
Arctic Circle, Antarctic Circle, Tropic of Cancer, Tropic of Capricorn, Equator
- What is the speed of light, the circumference of the earth, and the distance to the sun?
ATMOSPHERE AND CLIMATE CHANGE
- Describe each of the five layers of Earth’s atmosphere and the principal activities that occur there.
- Name all of the “climate controls” (intro to atmosphere lecture)
- List all cultural causes of climate change listed in lecture
- List all effects of climate change listed in lecture
- How have carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere changed over the past few centuries?
- Describe the mechanism of global warming via greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere.
- What are the five principle sources of greenhouse gases?
WIND, WEATHER, FRONTS and STORMS ASTR天文学代写
- What are cyclones and anti-cyclones? (include discussion of how their air circulates in the northern or southern hemispheres, if they are high or low pressure, and what kind of weather is associated with them)
- Describe Hadley cells. What energy source drives them ? How are they driven by low and high pressure zones and how do these correlate to the locations of rainforests and deserts?
- Describe the process which produces monsoon rains.
- Describe the process which produces El Niño. What are the causes? What are the effects in Asia and in the Americas?