经济学essay代写 Creating an annotated bibliography involves a variety of intellectual skills: careful literature search/review, concise exposition,
The first rule of presentations 经济学essay代写
Tell the audience what you are going to tell them, tell them, and then tell them what you’ve told them.
This rule becomes particularly important for figures and graphs. For example, you could describe a graph as follows
- We can see OP's main finding in this graph, which shows that the effect of the intervention is concentrated among low-income respondents.
- The x-axis represents quintiles of household income, the y-axis is the treatment effect for each income quintile. The dashed line shows that the treatment effect is nearly twice as large for the the lowest income quintiles, and we cannot reject that it equals zero for the wealthiest households.
- In sum, it seems like this kind of program works better for low-income households, which is consistent with the notion that they face more constraints ex ante.
At substantial risk of belaboring the point, I think it's worth summarizing this important rule ;) 经济学essay代写
- Tell them what you are going to say
- Say it
- Summarize what you said
How do I know if a journal is reliable?
Look at rankings
While these rankings are not the end-all be-all, and they include both type 1 and type 2 errors, it is a good place to start.
If your reference list cites a majority of work not on this list, you should be concerned. If you are not citing mostly economics papers, you should also review your citations and make sure that you are covering the relevant research within our field.
- A good guideline for journal quality is the RePEc rankings of journals(Links to an external site.)
As a rule of thumb, start being more cautious journals once you venture outside the top-200.
- You can also review the ABDC journal rankingLinks to an external site..
- As you move down the rankings, be more cautious
- In general be careful with articles in B/C journals. 经济学essay代写
How to synthesize so many papers? 经济学essay代写
1) The "Excel dump"
Here, you can find a guide on how to synthesize different bodies of work via a "Conceptual Synthesis Excel dump (Links to an external site.)."
If you are reading papers, but feel overwhelmed by the idea of consolidating them into a coherent literature review, this is a great way to start that synthesis!
2) Annotated bibliography
One great way of getting started with a literature review is by writing an annotated bibliography.
An annotated bibliography helps you build the portfolio of resources that will eventually form the foundation for your project. A well-done annotated bibliography will help you write an excellent, comprehensive, and critical literature review.
Ok, but what is an annotated bibliography? 经济学essay代写
An annotated bibliography is a list of citations to books, articles, reports, etc. Each citation should be followed by two brief paragraphs: one that is descriptive and one that is evaluative. These two paragraphs constitute the annotation.
- The first paragraph should summarize the article in your own words
- The second paragraph is a short discussion of how this source relates to or informs your project, and/or the limitations of the source
What is the point of an annotated bibliography?
The purpose of an annotation is twofold:
- to summarize the main point of the source
- to assess of the relevance, accuracy, and quality of the source cited
Try to address both the most important insights of the source and its weaknesses. 经济学essay代写
Examples of the kinds of questions that you can use to evaluate a source
- Is the source reliable?
- How credible are the authors and/or their results?
- Do the authors leave out important content or information?
- Do the authors have a solid foundation for any causal arguments that they are making?
- Are the data or model generalizable?
To be clear, this second paragraph should include a value judgment.
Steps to creating an annotated bibliography 经济学essay代写
Creating an annotated bibliography involves a variety of intellectual skills: careful literature search/review, concise exposition, and succinct analysis. Here's how to go about it:
- Locate and record citations to sources that may contain useful information and ideas on your topic
This first list typically contains many more sources than the final annotated bibliography; you will whittle the list down as you analyze them. Briefly examine and review the items. Choose sources that provide a variety of perspectives on your topic.
- Cite the source using the appropriate style, such as Chicago style author-date, and stick to it
You may wish to use a citation manager. I personally recommend Zotero, but there are many options 经济学essay代写
- Write a concise annotation that summarizes the central theme and scope of the source. Include at least one sentence that
- evaluates the quality of the evidence
- comments on the intended audience
- compares/contrasts this work with another source that you cite, or
- explains how this work will be useful in your project
Common mistakes 经济学essay代写
The most common mistake that I see is confusing an annotation with an abstract
Abstracts are descriptive summaries, typically found at the beginning of scholarly journal articles
Annotations are descriptive, analytical, and critical