PHA3021 COMMENTARY ASSIGNMENT
心理学essay代写 A Commentary article, written by an expert in the relevant field of research, highlights ground breaking research which has been
A Commentary article, written by an expert in the relevant field of research, highlights ground breaking research which has been accepted for publication in a medical science journal. Also known as a “News and Views” or “Perspectives” article, the Commentary is published alongside the research article. The author of the Commentary has critically evaluated the research and given their own opinion and viewpoints, noting future implications of the work. Of great value is that the Commentary has been written such that it can be understood by scientists of any discipline.
Your assignment is to write a Commentary article on a recent pharmacology paper, selected from the list on Moodle (see below) and which broadly relates to a theme covered in the unit. 心理学essay代写
There will be two components to this assignment and together they will comprise 20% of your overall unit mark
- The Commentary Mid-assignment report (5%)will provide a review of your progress in the assignment by assessing your understanding of your Commentary article subject paper
- The final Commentary article (15%)is to be 1500 words (± 10%)
This assignment will develop and assess your ability to:
- locate, understand and integrate relevant literature
- critically analyse information and its implications
- communicate effectively in writing your opinion and viewpoints on a given topic
Deadline for online submission (via Moodle) of:
- the Commentary Mid-assignment reportis 4.30pm Wednesday April 13
- your final Commentary article is 9:30am Friday May 20
Submission of your final article will be via Turnitin which will generate an Originality report for your article.
- i) Papers will be available to read from Week 4. Choose the paper of greatest interest to you and then sign up for the relevant topic on Moodleby the closing date of Friday April 1 (Week 5). There is a quota of students for each paper, so it is recommended you sign up early!
If you have not signed up for a topic by the closing date, a topic will be selected for you.
- ii) After reading your chosen research paper in depth, use databases such as PubMed to search for supporting articles that place your study in the context of its field.While review articles may be relevant for providing background. The majority should be primary sources,these being related original experimental studies and/or clinical trials that have been published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. At least ten relevant primary sources would be required within your maximum of 15 references to obtain a high distinction for this criterion. Internet addresses/web pages will not be accepted as references.
iii) Complete your Mid-assignment report, which will be via a proforma available on Moodle.
This checkpoint activity is designed to promote the timely start to your work on this assessment task! The report will assess your understanding of your chosen subject paper and will be graded by the academic from the Department of Pharmacology who set your chosen subject paper and will also be grading your final Commentary article.
Importantly, in the workshop session of the week following the mid-assignment report submission. You will have the opportunity to discuss your mid-project report and the development of your Commentary article with this academic. 心理学essay代写
- iv) Write your Commentary articleusing the following subheadings and according to the following structure/requirements:
- Title: this title should not be the same as that of the article you are analysing.Your title should capture the reader’s interest but remain relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Introduction:this paragraph needs to provide the reader with sufficient background information to understand the findings of the study. It should also introduce the study in question and identify the knowledge gap that the study was attempting to address.
- Critical evaluation:The main body of the article needs to critically evaluate and discuss the key findings of the study, in such terms as the quality of the experiments, the conclusions drawn by the authors and how the study fits in with other recent publications in the field. This section should touch on the main techniques used in the study but do remember that the purpose of a Commentary article is not to summarise the results of a study.
Although subheading are not traditionally used in commentary articles, you should use additional appropriate subheadings within this section to help organise your article. 心理学essay代写
- Figure and figure legend:Use ONE schematic or diagram to help communicate the key concept/s of the study. To receive high marks for this criterion, the figure is required to be original, creative and relevant, and should be effectively integrated into the text (referred to and discussed within the text itself). If you choose instead to adapt a figure from existing published work, you must make this clear and reference appropriately. Figures should not simply be cut and pasted from another source. Please note that the figure legend is not counted within the word limit of the article.
- Conclusion:This final section should discuss your viewpoint on the significance and implications of the findings of the study.
- References: This should list all of the references (up to 15) that you have cited in your article. You should follow the Harvard (British Journal of Pharmacology) style of formatting for in-text citations and reference list. See Moodle for the Monash Library citing and referencing tutorial and Harvard referencing guide.