MIS611 - Information Systems Capstone
信息系统代考 Provide an updated overview of all key stakeholders who have been considered in the report to date, including their roles, level of
PART B - MILESTONE 2
Case Study - Giverly
2022 (Trimester 2)
Table of Contents
A Table of Contents is mandatory for this assessment (Create the Table of Contents using MS Word’s auto-generator. Instructions can be found here https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Create- atable-of-contentsor-update-a-table-of-contents-eb275189-b93e-4559-8dd9c279457bfd72#__create_a_table). 信息系统代考
Table of Contents
Assessment 2 – Part B (Milestone 2) Content checklist
This is a check list to ensure you have completed all the sections of the assessment and is required to be signed by each group member:
Signature of each group member confirming all group members have checked and completed all the assessment sections: 信息系统代考
This must include background information on the case study and client/organisation that has been provided to you. It should also state the purpose of the report and what you plan to deliver to your client/organisation (drawing on your Assessment 1, Project Plan). (150 words).
Clearly identify your project scope in relation to each of the following, the project:
- goals and objectives;
- assumptions; and
- deliverables (importantly, ensure you include what will not be delivered).
(200 words). 信息系统代考
Provide an updated overview of all key stakeholders who have been considered in the report to date, including their roles, level of impact and level of interest. In addition, provide a clear outline of the stakeholders that will need to be managed by the client/organisation should they choose to adopt your recommendations. (150 words).
Please include your stakeholder summary from the Assessment 1—Project Brief. Include any feedback provided in this version
The first step in the Stanford Design-Thinking model is to ‘empathise’. In your report, you should demonstrate your ability to empathise with and articulate your client’s/organisation’s needs/requirements through the following:
- Customer personas: Develop a minimum of two customer personas that are to be used as the basis for determining the other elements of the ‘empathise’ stage. (200 words). 信息系统代考
- Empathy maps.Complete an empathy map for each customer persona you have developed. This should include how/what the customer persona hears, thinks, says and sees in relation to the client/organisation. In addition, it should state their ‘pains’ and gains’. (200 words).
- Conduct research into the customer personas you have developed and what their ‘needs’ are in relation to the client’s/organisation’s product or service. (200 words).
- Stakeholder requirements. Clearly define the stakeholder requirements using the MoSCoW. (250 words). 信息系统代考
As a team, define the way the customer personas currently interact with the client’s/organisation’s product or service. This process will allow you to hone in on any gaps or pain points customers’ may experience and in doing so, clearly define your problem statement.
- Complete a customer journey map using the following framework: Awareness, Consideration, Conversion, Loyalty and Advocacy (200 words).
- Problem Statement: A clear problem statement is imperative in meeting any client’s/organisation’s needs and agreeing on the path forward in a project. Clearly articulate the problem statement that you will be solving in Milestone 2—Client Report (Section B). (100 words).
Ideate and Prototype 信息系统代考
Using the problem statement you defined, develop a prototype solution that meets the needs of the customers you identified. Include:
- An overview of the UX/UI elements to be considered in prototype development. (150 words);
- The accessibility requirements. (100 words);
- The cyber-security requirements/considerations. (100 words);
- Wireframes or interface designs for how the prototype will work (and how customers will interact with it). (400 words or equivalent diagrams/mock-ups).